Surely you have all read and have been informed that if the environment in our bodies is acidic, the body will suffer from a lot of diseases. Acidity can affect all our body organs like the skin, brain, intestines, bones, lungs, liver, kidney and even the heart.
Therefore, if the body is in a state of acidosis it is the perfect environment for multiple aliments and diseases and it will be in danger of inflammation, which is the leading cause of a lot of diseases.
What keeps the body in this acidic states is the consumption of processed foods and modern, unhealthy diets. In this way, the important minerals are eradicated from the body while they are trying to neutralize and eliminate the acid.
This is why a lot of people suffer from osteoporosis. The vital minerals for the bones like calcium, sodium, magnesium and potassium are removed from the body. And when this happens, the body becomes even more acidic and it attracts many diseases, like cancer.
Many foods nowadays are acidic. For example, most meats, dairy products, soy and grains are acidic. Also, refined sugar, alcohol, coffee, highly processed foods, sugar replacement and GMO oils (and GMO foods) are very acidic.
Thus, our body generates acidic waste when these products are metabolized. What it should do instead is let them be neutralized and eliminated. The right way to do this is with alkaline foods. These foods neutralize them and this is why you should consume them in high amounts.
The Symptoms of a Highly Acidic Body
If you have a highly acidic environment in your body, these are the symptoms you will experience.
- Chest Pain
- Candida and yeast infections
- Chronic Cough
- Stomach issues including bloating, indigestion, acid reflux and excess gas
- Weight gain and/or obesity
- Reduced mental clarity
- Cavities and sensitive gums
- Sciatica and stiff neck
- Skin issues like eczema, acne, rashes, and dermatitis of all types
- Immune deficiency
- Sinus Issues
- Joint pain and aching muscles
- Excess mucus/phlegm
- Chronic Fatigue
- Bladder and kidney infections
- Cardiovascular damage due to acidic plaques – increased risk of heart attack and stroke
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and dementia
All the tissues and the fluids in our body are alkaline, well, except the stomach. When it is too acidic, other tissues take the alkalizing elements from all the other body areas and form an environment in the areas of the taken elements, which is less-then-optimal. Thus, when the body tries to regulate the pH levels on its own, the other body systems lose their proper state.
Therefore, our job is to alkalize our body and the way to do so is to mind what we put in our diet and what we consume daily.
This is why we will present some of the ways which can help you reduce the acids in your body.
The Ways to Reduce Acidity
1. Drink plenty of water. This will help your body flush out the toxins and other harmful substances.
2. Drink lemon water. It will help you regulate the pH levels in the body.
3. Consume more alkaline-forming foods like vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, beans and legumes.
4. Increase the amount of greens that you consume, because they are very alkalizing. You can consume them like green juices, salads or smoothies.
5. Avoid acidic foods, or at least reduce their intake at least to one a week. This means that you should limit the intake of pastries, dairy, meat, soda, eggs, popcorn, soy, seafood, alcohol, sweeteners, while vinegar, wheat products and fish.
6. Avoid GMO foods.
7. The pH balance in our body is also affected by our emotional state. Thus, you should learn to control your anger, fear, stress, resentment and jealousy. Just find something that relaxes you, perhaps reading, yoga, swimming or meditation.
We are the ones who are responsible for our body after all. Thus, we should take better care for it so we can live a long and healthy life. This is one of the ways to achieve this, your body will be thankful. You will be happier and more energized, too.