One of the first things people notice about you is your skin, especially the face. I mean, even if they did not want to, they could not. You can also always notice when there is like a new skin tag, mole, age spot, wart or blackhead on it. Thus, you probably have looked for different measures to get rid of them. Well, you are in luck, you do not need to buy expensive products anymore to take care of your skin and face.
We are here to present you with some natural remedies which can help you deal with problems like these. Each one of these marks affects your epidermis, meaning the outer, top-most layer of your skin. This makes them very impossible to ignore.
Of course you can remove skin tags and moles with a laser method, which is cheap, but annoying. You can also treat warts by lasers, with medicine and cryotherapy. And you can use hydroquinone to remove age spots, but it might be dangerous due to the chemicals it contains.
Actually, this applies to any expensive products that have the purpose to remove blackheads as well. However, you are in luck because there are a lot of natural remedies that you can make to treat any skin blemish. You can also adjust the ingredients for your personal needs as well. Just keep reading.
5 Natural Remedies for Skin and Face Problems
1. Skin Tags: Tea Tree Oil
The people who have this problem are mostly older people. It is even a bigger risk if you are overweight or a diabetic. They are actually very harmless and painless, however, you might want to get rid of them anyway. Well, try this method:
- First, soak a cotton ball in water.
- Then, add two drops of this oil to the cotton ball.
- Massage it gently on the skin tag with circular motions.
- Repeat this process one or two times a day.
2. Blackheads: Oatmeal-Green Tea Mask
Excess skin oil is what causes blackheads. This oil then builds up, clogs a pore and the oxygen turns it back. However, you are in luck because you can use a combination of green tea and oatmeal to control excess oil. The green tea has also the potential to kill of bacteria which causes acne. It will also lighten pigmentation as well.
- First, prepare a cup of hot green tea.
- Then, add one tablespoon of this to one tablespoon of oats.
- Mix these two in a paste.
- Apply the mixture on the blackheads.
- Leave it for ten minutes,wash it off and pat the skin dry.
3. Warts: Garlic
Warts usually appear on the feet or fingers, or places that you usually shave. They happen due to a type of HPV virus, however, this is not a reason to panic, they are very common actually. You can use garlic and its antiviral properties to get rid of them. Just do this:
- Crush one garlic clove first.
- Afterwards, spread the paste carefully to the warts and cover with a bandage.
- Let it sit for half an hour.
- Then, wash it off and pat the area dry.
- Repeat this once or twice a day until the wart becomes a blister and falls off.
Note that if you have genital warts, you should see your doctor.
4. Age Spots: Lemon-Strawberry Mask
They are also known as liver spots and they appear due to sun exposure. They present a type of a photodamage caused by UV rays and they are much more common with age, especially on the face. Thus, we will show you a natural lightener. Just do this:
- First, mash two or three strawberries
- Do not add more than 5 drops of freshly-squeezed lemon juice.
- Stir it well.
- Spread the paste around the age spots, and be careful around the eyes.
- Leave it for five minutes, wash it off and pat the areas dry.
Due to the high vitamin C content of strawberries and lemons, they are able to reverse hyperpigmentation once applied to the skin.
5. Mole Removal: Baking Soda and Castor Oil
Moles are very common. If you have light skin, they are even more common. Most of them appear during childhood. What can affect the formation of new moles is sun exposure. If you want to get rid of them, you can use baking soda, which is a natural bleaching agent. You can mix it with castor oil as well. This is all you have to do:
- First, add a pinch of baking soda to tree drops of castor oil.
- Mix them well.
- Apply this paste to the moles and let it sit and dry for a while.
- Repeat the method once every day until you see some improvement.
Note that a new mole or a changed one can mean that you might have melanoma, or skin cancer. However, do not worry. But, if some of them bleed, itch or change, you need to see a dermatologist.
We really hope you find these tips very useful!