People were really obsessed with spices in the time of Cristopher Columbus. They actually traveled around the world to find some new spices. However, the one spice they were most obsessed with was the black pepper. They went around searching for cinnamon, turmeric and ginger, but the one they were looking for was the black pepper. Even though there is a lot of black pepper to buy nowadays, in the past days the black pepper was used as currency. Thus, it has become the time to start seeing spices differently because they can offer a lot of things. Black pepper, especially the essential oil can offer a lot of health benefits.
Health Benefits of Black Pepper Essential Oil
Black pepper can offer a lot of health benefits, medicinal properties, like laxative, carminative, antibaterial, expectorant, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, antiseptic, stimulant, antispasmotic, rubefacient, diaphoretic, febrifuge, and many more.
- Weight loss: the peppercorn stimulates the breakdown of fat cells. This is perfect for blasting fat and shedding weight in a natural way.
- Good for the stomach: it will increase the secretion of the hydrochloric acid in the stomach and this will improve digestion. It is very much important to have a healthy digestion so that you can prevent constipation, cholic and diarrhea. Black pepper will also prevent the formation of intestinal gas and it will promote urination and sweating, which will remove the toxic matter from the body.
- Skin health: black pepper can also cure vitiligo, which is actually a condition that makes areas of the skin turn white. It has been proven that piperine that is inside the pepper will stimulate production of pigment.
- Antibacterial Activity: due to the pepper’s antibacterial properties it will aid in fighting against insect bites and infections. If you consume this often it will cleanse the arteries and reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Neurological health: the piperine is perfect to reduce cognitive malfunction and memory impairment.
- Respiratory relief: pepper can also relieve nasal congestion and sinusitis and due to the fact that it can dissolve mucus and phlegm in the respiratory tract, it is the perfect product.
- Antioxidant activity: the antioxidant properties will help in preventing or will repair the damage of free radicals and this will protect you against liver problems, cardiovascular disease and cancer.
However, the pepper’s benefits actually depend on the way you consume it, which can be in several different ways. You can ingest it, inhale it or use it topically. Thus, we now provide you with some useful information that will tell you how you can use the black pepper essential oil. Plus, all the benefits that way will offer.
How to Consume Black Pepper
If you use the black pepper oil with carrier oils topically, it will aid with alleviating cramps and pulls. It has antispasmodic properties which will alleviate the cramps. The antioxidant properties on the other hand, will remove uric acid from the blood. Also, they will make it beneficial for the people who suffer from gout, arthritis, and rheumatism.
This oil can relax the mind as well as it does the body. If you inhale it, or use it aromatically with oils like lavender and juniper, it will help with mental stress and it will help people who deal with the stress of smoking cessation.
If you ingest this, or add it to BBQ or steak sauce, it will provide you with sesquiterpenes. These are antioxidants which can promote urination and sweating. This way your body will be able to eliminate the toxins. Moreover, the oil will increase the bile in the stomach and this will break down the food and aid the digestion.
As you can see, black pepper offers a lot of amazing benefits. Thus, you need to incorporate it in your diet more.